- Complete this health fair preceptor application (need to reapply once every year)
- Have a current, unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in California
- Have professional liability insurance
- Have skills in supervising your chosen screening or education project
- Note: To precept for immunizations: have proof of formal immunization training (such as a certificate from the APhA Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Program) and current BLS certification
- Note: To precept for osteoporosis: complete annual Osteoporosis training program provided by the USC School of Pharmacy
- View the preceptor web-based training program provided by the USC School of Pharmacy (link to be provided upon completion of this application)
Once you have completed your application to become a health fair preceptor, you will be added to our database and you may be contacted by our student pharmacists who are coordinating community outreach events. There is no minimum or maximum requirement for the number of events that you have to precept once you sign up to become a health fair preceptor. You are welcome to volunteer to serve as a preceptor for as many events as you are able to attend.
Students will provide all necessary supplies, forms, and other student volunteers. Students will perform all screenings and counseling while you need only oversee and supervise their activities.